Monday, October 10, 2022

Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins


Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
 they don't really need the butter on top
I warmed them slightly on the second day.

2 cups of gluten free flour blend
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter melted
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbs of lemon in squirt bottle
1 tsp real vanilla extract
2 cups of frozen blueberries

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. In a separate bowl beat two eggs, add cooled, melted butter, then stir in heavy cream, sugar, lemon, and vanilla extract. You can use milk but I had the cream and wanted to use it up before it expired. Stir wet ingredients till well blended. Most recipes call for creaming the butter and sugar but I was lazy. Turns out didn't really need to. Put muffin paper liners in muffin tin, mine is a medium tin, not large, but not mini either. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix gently. Last add the frozen blueberries and fold in gently. Bake in 350 F oven for 25 minutes. Do not over bake. Use a toothpick inserted in middle to make sure they are cooked through. Immediately remove from oven and place on rack. After five minutes take muffins out of pan and place on the rack. These are light, fluffy, and very moist. I like a lot of blueberries in my muffins and since I have a freezer full of our own blueberries I can afford to splurge in the amount I use.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks they were delicious especially since I overdosed them with more blueberries

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment