Saturday, October 8, 2022

Elk Meatloaf with Honey Roasted Carrots


How can any meatloaf not be delicious.
Elk meatloaf is no exception.
I served the meatloaf with honey roasted carrots.
Both were so delicious.

Remove elk meat from fridge to bring to room temperature.
I sauteed finely choppped onion and celery.
When cool I added them to the meat
along with an egg, oregano, salt, pepper and grated butter.
The butter is added because elk meat is so lean.
Freeze butter for half an hour to ease grating.
You could substitute some pork meat.

I covered the meat loaf with marinara sauce
and sprinkled with my own dried oregano and salt and pepper.

Bake in 350 F oven for 50 minutes
Do not overcook or it will be dry.

Here are the carrots which I oven roasted for half an hour,
then I drizzled some butter and honey
and baked for another half hour so they'd be tender.

2 comments:

  1. It's ages since I've made a meatloaf...never have I made one using elf meat.

    My late brother loved my meatloaves, and I always made him one to take back home with him every time he visited me...which was often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, my brother died young and I still miss him after all these years, I empathize with your loss.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment