Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Chesapeake Bay Oysters

Chesapeak Bay is famous for their oysters.
Native Americans sustainably harvested
oysters for decades in Maryland and Virginia
.
A local restaurant ordered cases of oysters
from Chesapeak Bay in Virginia
for local residents if they wanted them.
For a thanksgiving day treat,
we split a case with some friends.
Gary scrubbed the oyster exteriors
with a brush to remove any sand or debris.
Above pictured oysters are prepared with
lime juice, oil, vinegar, soy sauce,
grated ginger, agave syrup and bread crumbs.
I baked them at 425 F for 10 minutes till bubbling.
I had no coarse salt so I used aluminum foil
to keep the oysters & juices from spilliing out.

Since I am no master at shucking oysters,
I cheated and popped the oysters in the oven
at 425 F for 4-5 min to get them to open slightly.
I had no oyster knife so used a screwdriver
and a gloved hand to pry the slightly open oysters
to add the embellishments.

Above pictured oysters above are prepared with a mixture of
butter, garlic, pepper, parsley & asiago cheese.
The cheese was put on just after removing from the oven.
I baked them at 425 F for about 10 minutes till bubbling.
I know lots of folks prefer oysters raw with lemon,
but, due to health & age, I prefer to stay safe with cooked oysters.
They were delicious and Gary agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment