Saturday, November 5, 2022

Flaxseed Meal Crackers GF


Seriosly these are so simple
even a child could make them.
Got the recipe on the side of the package
of Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal.
Flaxseed is a power house of nutrition and fiber.

2 cups flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp poppy seeds (I used hemp seeds)
I also added more hemp seed than called for.
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 cup water
preheat oven to 400 F
mix dry ingredients, then add lukewarm water
stir till well blended into a paste like consistency
press onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
cut into 1-1/2 inch squares
bake for 25 to 30 minutes till crisp and edges are brown
I baked mine a little less because I wanted them softer.

Bob's Red Mill quote:
"These grain free crackers are terrific
topped with a slice of cheese or
a schmear of almond butter"
.
I put a dab of mustard on mine.
So quick, so easy, so few ingredients,
heart healthy, and so good for you too.

2 comments:

  1. I have never made crackers. Something I should do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, these actually turned out better than most I have made, You'd think crackers would be simple but I think having to be gluten free brings on even more challenges to get them to be not too crisp but crisp enough

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment