Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Red Rice

Inquiring minds want to know what is red rice?
I was curious about the rice I eat at Mexican food restaurants,
wondering how they achieve the red color.
Some sources say they cook it in red bean soup.
Maybe, maybe not. If you know please let me know.
Read the next paragraph since I am now going in another direction.

Then I searched further and saw there is actually a red rice.
Red rice is a full grain rice usually from India or Indonesia.
I've never seen it before but I can get it online.
Due to shipping and cost I try to avoid online purchases.
But to satisfy my curiousity I may have to get some.
I think my mind has "too many fingers in the pie". 
Truly, I just can't help myself. 
Please let me know your thoughts about red rice
or any other unusual rice for that matter. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I like both red rice and black rice both of which are sometimes available in stores here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I have yet to find the red rice might have to order on line.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment