Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Chipotle Shrimp Skewers over Wild Rice


Chipotle Shrimp Skewers over Wild Rice

I don't often purchase ready made meals, but these Chipotle Shrimp Skewers called to me at Aldi the other day. They didn't have any gluten, modified food starch. They had modified corn starch which is ok. I cooked some wild rice and baked the skewers in the oven for about 8 minutes turning them over half way through. Left over wild rice, never ever waste it. Up next is fried wild rice.

Today I saw a little bird on the bird feeder at dusk. He probably should have been finding a place to stay the night. But he ate a few seeds and then seemed to take a nap on the perch, motionless. A few minutes later he woke up and ate few more seeds. Then another nap. This went on for several minutes. Poor little bird, hungry and yet so tired. I was ever so happy we have a bird feeder up.

Enjoy the food and what nature surprises us with !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment