Monday, April 3, 2023

Venison Stew

 
Venison Stew

I marinated the venison roast meat overnight with red wine,
fresh thyme, pepper, and bay leaves.
The next day I cut the meat into bite-sized pieces for the stew.

I sautéed chopped onions, celery, peppers, and last sliced garlic,
then added the stew meat, the marinade, more red wine, and stock.
I added fresh ground pepper, herbs de Provence, and fresh parsley.
I didn't need salt because the stock had enough sodium.
Bring to boil then turn down heat to a simmer and add potatoes.
I had leftover cabbage so I also added that to the stew.
The last half hour I added quartered mushrooms.
The stew takes about two hours to tenderize the venison meat.

The stew, cooked on the stovetop, was fragrant, tasty and tender.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment