Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Wild Violets


This is the time of year the wild violets are blooming.
They grow near my home on a rocky southwest facing slope.
Driving by you'd swear nothing would grow there.
Yet reliably they return each year.

The first year I saw the violets I admired them with photos.
The second year I saw the violets I made violet syrup.
Now I am content to let them grow because I know if I
pick the flowers they won't have a chance to spread their seed.
Drive slowly, look closely, saunter along,
Wild violets are underfoot, in all their diminutive splendor 
Hoping you'll notice and admire their delicate beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful things - beautiful tenacious things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I am amazed they can survive on that rocky spot

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment