Saturday, June 24, 2023

Flowers are Blooming


I'd cut my butterfly bush down to the ground
and it's coming back with a vengeance.
I've never seen nasturtiums this color before, almost red.

I planted some sulfur cosmos with my mint
because the mint isn't growing that much for some reason.

Even though it's an annual here,
I planted lantana because the hummingbirds like it.

Here's a photo of the newly planted perennial garden.
I had taken out the previous perennials because
the bee balm had taken over everything.
There is a good quality ground cover cloth under the
cypress mulch to keep weeds to a minimum.
Between rain storms I've been sitting on the porch
watching the butterflies and hummingbirds.
It's going to fun watching all the plants fill in this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely - and I have never seen nasturtiums that colour either.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment