Thursday, July 6, 2023

Blistered Shishito Peppers


Blistered Shishito Peppers

We love shishito peppers. I can't recall how I discovered them,
but ever since we've both been enamored with their flavor.
These are fresh picked from our garden.
We wished there were more but we reasoned
if we picked some the plants would produce more.
Foodies say one in ten is hot but I have never found one hot shishito.
 Never mind though because they are absolutely delicious.

Cook the peppers in a hot pan with a high smoke point oil.
In this case I used avocado oil.
The idea is to get them to blister and wilt.
Once they're wilted toss in some micro-planed garlic and ginger,
add a bit of soy or amino sauce to deglaze the pan.
Serve immediately sprinkled with some sesame seeds.
They do not taste like green bell peppers,
they have a unique flavor all of their own.
Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment