Sunday, January 14, 2024

Baked Vermilion Snapper

Baked Vermilion Snapper

Today I tried a new technique baking a whole vermilion snapper.
I prepared the snapper by standing it up to bake.
Photo shows the snapper fresh from the oven. It's surrounded
by thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, garlic slices, lemon slices, and guava.
I cut slits in each side of the flesh just short of the bones.
I made a rub with avocado oil, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder
which I slathered inside and outside of the fish. 
Insert half slices of  lemon into the slits;
   Prop fish with two halves of a lemon under the fish cavity.
Preparation takes time but what a beautiful dish to serve.
Before baking I did wrap the tail in aluminum foil to prevent burning.
Snapper was baked in a 400 F oven for @ 20-25 minutes.
Snapper is ready when flakey and internal temperature is 140 F.
Let rest for 10 minutes before serving, don't overcook.
When snapper come out of the oven 
I garnished with fresh chopped parsley and scallions.

Once baked I gently coaxed the flesh from one side of the snapper,
then I did the same with the other side of the snapper to serve it.
I had prebaked mini potatoes and served those
along with the fruit and vegetables surrounding the fish on the pan.
First time I've ever had a guava, they are sweet and tasty.
Oh my word, all of it was so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment