Monday, January 29, 2024

Peruvian Aji Amarillo Chicken

 

Peruvian Aji Amarillo Chicken

Not the most appetizing looking but it was definitely delicious. I made up a recipe for Peruvian aji amarillo (a he ama reeyo) paste for some boneless skinless chicken thighs. I thought the cost would be less if I made a paste with dried aji amarillo peppers, rather than buying a jar of the paste. Where did I  learn about aji amarillo? Bobby Flay is always talking about using the paste so I was intrigued.

Aji amarillo peppers are the most popular peppers in Peru. They're quite a bit hotter than jalapeno peppers, less than cayanne, but are supposed to be very fruity in flavor. I was going to blend the paste smooth but I was impatient. Aji Amarillo pepper is a winner, the sauce could have even been hotter. I'll use 2 teaspoons of dried pepper next time. Strange but the heat comes to the palate after you've finished eating. If I won the lottery I'd have a home with a chef's kitchen with lots of storage and a big pantry. I can dream, can't I? Meanwhile I experiment and make do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment