Saturday, February 17, 2024

Eastern Towhee

 

Spotted Towhee
By ADJ82 - Own work, CC BY 3.0,
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=65817582

I've never seen a spotted towhee, never even heard the name; but yesterday I saw two on my back deck under the bird feeders. They aren't even supposed to be in this part of the United States.  How can that be? Birds do what they want I guess. At first I thought it was a rather dark robin, but no then I saw the white breast. Now researching, maybe it was an Eastern Towhee. Can't take a photo because as soon as go up to the window all the birds fly away. So you'll have to be satisfied with a borrowed photo. I learn something everyday from nature and I am eternally grateful for what I can observe and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment