Monday, April 8, 2024

Foolish Faux Paus


Foolish Faux Paus

I made a foolish faux paus. I planned to make marinated shrimp which I've made in the past. I peeled the shrimp and put all the marinade in with the shrimp which included lime. I marinated them over night. Turns out putting citrus on seafood "cooks" it because of the citrus properties.

The next day I cooked the shrimp and they ended up very tough. I was supposed to cook the shrimp first and then marinate them. Whoa is me. Sometimes I don't know where my head is. Good news was the sauce was good over rice.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your prawns/shrimps go ruined by the citrus juice....we all have our moments when our head is elsewhere, Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I can't believe I did that, lol

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment