Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Fresh Tomato Soup

Fresh Tomato Soup

I can't tell you how delicious fresh tomato soup is. I even used tomatoes which weren't actually ripe. They were still a bit green. In a small amount of olive oil, I sautéed two small shallots till they were very soft, then added one large clove of micro-minced garlic and cooked for one minute longer. Next I added the chopped tomatoes along with dried oregano, dried thyme, dried ginger, salt and pepper. I added one cup of water, a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and cooked till the tomatoes were very soft. 
I refrigerated the soup mixture overnight. The next day I whirled it up in the blender till smooth. Oh me, oh my, it was very delicious. Use what you have from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment