Thursday, August 22, 2024

Salmon Steak and Canned Peas


Salmon Steak and Canned Peas

Why canned peas? Because canned peas are better than no peas; they are inexpensive especially if they're on sale. There's no reason not to eat what you can afford. The peas were steamed. I could have put some fresh mint on the peas, since I have it growing, but I didn't think of it till now, next time.

I coated the salmon with salt and pepper and some paprika on both sides. I also learned I could get a good crust on the salmon if I dusted it in corn starch so that's what I did. Salmon was sautéed in olive oil in a hot cast iron pan for about 5 minutes each side. Yes there are a few bones in a fish steak but they are right in the middle and easy to work around. I was watching a video on how to debone the steak but I'll do that another time. A simple and quick dinner but very delicious and nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment