Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Backyard Bird Sanctuary


Backyard Bird Sanctuary

I set up a backyard bird sanctuary recently.
Something I've been wanting to do for ten years.
I finally got a bird bath and
 a bin to put the pole in the dirt to hold the bird seed.
The ground is so rocky and hard the pole can't be hammered in.
I planted a purple leaf redbud in the bin
to hide the barren hillside behind the bin.
The rose bush in front of the bin is recovering from leaf loss.

We have so many varieties of birds visiting and
I can see them from the kitchen and dining room windows.
I bring in the bird seed at night so the bears and rats don't get to it.
Something kept knocking over the bird bath,
I suspected raccoons so I put out a separate water bowl for them.
So far so good. Thankful for all the creatures living around us. 

1 comment:

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment