
There's a Vole in my house
My cat Bonkers brought a vole in the house this morning. I didn't notice Bonkers had the vole in his mouth. Of course when I tried to deter my cat from the vole, he let it go and now it's hiding under a low coffee table.
Voles are smaller than a mouse and they don't look anything like a mole. They don't make visible paths above ground but live underground instead eating plant roots and bulbs.
Bonkers has a watchful eye on the coffee table, hoping to catch the vole. Ideally I'd like to catch the vole and let him outside but not much chance of that. They only live about six months or maybe up to a year. Pour helpless critter I suppose if the vole gets adventurous enough he'll partake in some cat food and water always available here for my cat.
This morning the vole has made his way into the bedroom where my desk is. He's underneath, I'm keeping the door to the front porch screen room, hoping he'll find his way out. Hope rings eternal.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment