Friday, June 14, 2019

Hardy Gardenia

Here's my hardy gardenia in full bloom. This is the most amount of flowers it's ever gotten. When I purchased the shrub the nursery person told me the narrow leaves denote the hardy variety. I had my doubts but it's been here for five years and still going strong. This evergreen shrub is about 2 x 3 feet. The one winter we had really cold weather some branches didn't come back but it has recovered from that winter quite nicely. Nothing better than picking a gardenia and setting it close by so the fragrance can permeate the air. Once again I'll be at the farmers market on Saturday. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Oh she's a beautiful plant! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. I have failed so often with gardenias that I no longer bring them home and kill them. With regret I no longer bring them home.
    I hope this is a better week at the markets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty!
    Toes crossed for a good day at the market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks, best day so far this year.

      Delete
  4. beautiful flowers...and smell good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanza, thanks, yes not as strong as the less hardy geraniums but still fragrant.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment