Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Texture Stamps and Bonkers

Finally I got around to preparing my texture stamps. I got the buttons and corks on Etsy. I took various shank buttons and glued them onto corks. Gary drilled holes in the corks to embed the shanks. I used E6000 glue to keep them adhered to the cork. Today I'll see how the corks work out texturing some clay plates.
Meanwhile Bonkers has requisitioned this seed starting kit for his own special place to take a nap. If you know anything about cats you know they love to squeeze into any small box. You can see by his legs overhanging the box he has outgrown it but that doesn't stop him. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Even the big cats (lions and tigers etc) are fond of boxes.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with the texture stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, I didn't know that about big cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of you-tube videos of them having a ball in boxes.

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy reading about the process and creativity in your posts. I am looking forward to seeing some finishes too. Bonkers, that's a great name for a cat. He does look really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thanks, the shelter named him Buttercup but when we brought him home, he was definitely not named correctly, he is definitely Bonkers.

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda you will have lots of fun with those stamps. This is something I have thought of doing but never got around to so well done for making the time. I'm sure it will be rewarding. Cats are funny animals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks, well it took me quite a while to get around to making mine but once I got started it didn't take long to make all of these. Bonkers keeps us entertained.

      Delete
  5. How delightful...Bonkers enjoys his life, and you will soon be making gorgeous plates with those stamps. I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the stamps. Toes crossed you keep us posted on the results.
    I am fast concluding that most organs/ginger cats have a goofus gene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Google! It’s orange 🍊!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course the cardboard is for Bonkers! One would be bonkers to think otherwise!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment