Saturday, October 2, 2021

Stuffed Marconi Peppers

Remember my beautiful marconi peppers I grew, I decided to make stuffed peppers with them since they were so beautiful. 

I had two peppers so I sliced them down the widest part so I'd have more surface area to stuff. I cooked a half cup of wild rice, while it was cooking I sautéed one shallot, one garlic and bit of celery chopped fine.
While rice is cooking sauté shallot, celery and lastly garlic in butter and a bit of olive oil. Combine cooked rice and sautéed vegetables and fill peppers. 
Top with some shredded smoked gouda cheese and bake in 325 oven till softened and cheese is melted. Don't omit a smoked cheese because it makes all the difference. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Not for me. I really don't like my peppers anyway except raw. Weird but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long time since I've prepared similar recipes. I often prepared same when I was cooking in restaurants, etc.

    Take good care. Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, thanks, I love peppers anyway I can cook them, except cooked green bells, my mom did them and I can't stand then to this day

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment