Sunday, December 11, 2022

Biscuits GF

For these Biscuits GF, I used my recipe for breadsticks which are also gluten free. I modified the recipe slightly by adding a pinch of sugar and a teaspoon of thyme. I added about two tablespoons of water to get the dough to come together, kneading the dough with my hand to incorporate the ingredients. I press the dough down onto a floured surface till the dough is thin enough to make biscuits. Instead of breadstick shapes, I cut the dough into round biscuit shapes using a mason jar dipped in flour on the edge. I made an egg wash instead of an olive oil wash. I sprinkled biscuits with seeds, some hemp seeds, and fennel seeds.

Luckily this dough rises up and not out, so I squeezed the biscuit shapes onto the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I brushed the parchment paper with a bit of olive oil before placing the biscuits on the paper. Bake in preheated oven at 425 F for 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheet immediately and place on cooling rack. I am anxiously awaiting their debut from the oven. Truth be told, I think the olive oil wash is better than the egg wash since they didn't seem to get that brown. Still, they were delicious and I'd make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment