Sunday, December 18, 2022

Chocolate Truffles

Did I ever mention that I love chocolate truffles?
We got a new grocery store, Aldi, and
and we splurged on a box of chocolate truffles.
They were imported from Belgium.
They were delicious and a bargain at $1.99 a box.

No truffle has ever compared to the ones
I had in Berkeley, CA. years ago.
The name of the store was Just Desserts.
I will always compare every truffle to theirs.
I see they have a website listed as in San Francisco
but sadly truffles are not on their menu.
Calling all chocolatiers!
Does anyone make handmade chocolate truffles?

Just read truffles must be consumed within a few days of making.
If I made my own truffles, I'd have to eat them all quickly!
What's a truffle lover to do?
Oh, I see there is a chocolate shop
in Chattanooga, TN which makes truffles.
We might be taking a trip there after the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Truffles are delicious - and might be at their best in the few days after they are made, but are still good weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I have since found out some sort of ingredient used in commercial truffles does not agree wiht me, darn it all

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment