Friday, December 16, 2022

Cottontail

This is one of our resident cottontail rabbits. He stayed in that spot for over an hour. Apparently cottontail rabbits sleep with their eyes open. Gary said when he is down by the garage the cottontail stays right in that same spot and isn't worried about him. I took this photo through the window because I was sure if I went outside he'd hop away.

He's still there. This cottontail is small compared to a very large one we also have. I have yet to get a photo of him. He is much more shy than this one. I was reading that cottontails eat twigs, bark, and even pine cones in winter when grass is scarce. 

1 comment:

  1. Rabbits are very rarely that comfortable around people here. Which, given the way we treat them is totally understandable.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment