Friday, February 3, 2023

Raspberries and Cream - Eat Your Fiber

Today my breakfast is fit for a queen. Raspberries and Cream drizzled with a touch of local honey is to die for, oh so delicious. Modern diets don't include enough fiber. Raspberries are very high in fiber but also beneficial to your health for many more reasons. Yes that's heavy cream but less than an ounce. Don't deny yourself guilty pleasure based upon false narratives. A bit of fat or cream in your diet is ok in comparison to chemical ingredients or preservatives in low fat this or that. Moderation is the key.

I got this pasta strainer at a yard sale not too long ago. When I got home I thought to myself, why did I buy that? Now I know, it's perfect for washing a pint of raspberries. We planted some raspberries plants last year and they didn't look like they were doing well. Hopefully this year we can improve their viability. Eat your fiber, it's good for your health.

2 comments:

  1. I adore raspberries. They are in season here and I am eating a lot of them. And blackberries, blueberries and mango.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, some of these raspberries were as large as a small strawberry, they were from Mexico too early for them here yet

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment