Friday, May 5, 2023

All for a Northern Coal Skink

Northern Coal Skink

What is a skink? It's shiny like a snake but it's not a snake.
It looks like a lizard, and it is similar but not the same.

Now you might wonder why I'm telling you about a skink.
My cat brought a skink into the house from the screen porch.
I didn't see the skink in his mouth.
Once my cat brought him in, he let him go. 
I tried to catch the skink but it slithered away.
My cat didn't catch him either, the skink ran under the bed.

The next day my cat caught the skink again.
I was determined to rescue the skink and let him go.
I chased my cat into the living room to try to catch the skink.
I threw a dish towel over my cat's head and he let the skink go.
I tried to get the dish towel over the skink to save him from my cat.
The skink was hiding under my cat's body and my cat didn't know it.

While straddling my cat's body trying to get the skink to come out,
I suddenly started doing the splits on the slippery wood floor.
I knew was that was going to be a disaster since I'm not that limber.
I fell on my knees, skinned my knuckles, twisted my arms and neck.
I screamed for Gary to come and help and he ran up the stairs.
My cat was motionless and so was the skink and I was too.
Gary finally caught the skink and carried him outside.

To get up off the floor, I scooted over to the stairway;
I pulled myself up, having to kneel on my badly bruised knees.
Today I am nearly immobile, but the skink is safe outdoors.
All for a Northern Coal Skink of the North East Georgia mountains.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you and Gary were able to rescue the skink - and so sorry for the damage and the pain that rescue caused you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, and I was trying to be so careful, lol

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment