Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Blistered Shishito Peppers


Blistered Shishito Peppers

Our shishito peppers aren't producing as much this year,
so I got some at the farmers market.
We crave these peppers so what can we do.
I found a recipe for creamed shishito peppers but
I feared Gary would think I committed hearsay cooking them that way.
So I reverted to may old stand by blistering them.
But you never know next week what might happen.

Just get your cast iron frying pan very hot with a scant
amount of peanut or grape seed oil.
Add the shishito peppers and cook till they are wilted
and chard on both sides.
Add minced garlic and ginger for one minute
then add a dash of soy or amino and serve immediately.
We again got a couple of hotter shishito peppers this time.
Enjoy ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment