Friday, November 17, 2023

Dots, Fairy Lights, & Tannin Discharges

Dots, Fairy Lights, & Tannin Discharges

I can't tell you how happy I was when I opened up this bundle after all the dismal attempts recently. I returned to a wrapped bundle rather than rolling on a heater hose because I couldn't keep the latter out of the water to keep it from wicking up water.
Cotton T shirt, AA mordant, chalk bath,
plastic barriers on back, inside, and front, steam 90 minutes. Leaves of ? looks similar to dogwood possibly a dogwood variety I am unfamiliar with,
(native tree in my yard, one of the last to lose it's leaves. I will take it to the ag extension office tomorrow to determine it's identity), also leaves of an ornamental pear.
I love the fairy lights on the ornamental pear (the halo effect at the edge of the leaf stem)
and the stem discharges on the mystery (dogwood?) leaves I especially love the beautiful dots on every mystery leaf. The t shirt is wet and freshly opened. Who knows what it will look like when it dries.
I love it all.
I was crying when I opened it all up
because by now you know how hard all of this is, especially when you are a beginner like me and traveling alone on the path due to necessity. I finally have something I actually love. Thanks for all of your encouragement.
Appreciative to Gary so willingly picking these last leaves. Grateful for small gifts.

2 comments:

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment