Thursday, November 16, 2023

Not Successful but Educational


Not Successful but Educational

This is the back of the latest t shirt in which the leaf dye ran.
I think my bundle was touching the water,
and it absorbed water through a wicking action.
The good news is the groups of 2 and 3 leaves are river birch
which I didn't know would print and not often used.
Notice the white (dot) halo effect at each set of leaves.
I learned this is called a 'fairy light' and it is the result
of tannin coming from the stem and making the halo effect.
The darker colored leaf prints are lavender, thyme, and privet.
The front of the t shirt is so pale not even worth showing.
I am hoping to over print the front and see what happens.
Keep going there is an educational moment in every attempt.

2 comments:

  1. I can see the fairy light being something to experiment with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes looking forward to see what develops

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment