Sunday, July 14, 2024

Take Time - Green Twister Coneflower


Take Time - Green Twister Coneflower

I had a blank spot in one of my perennial flower bins
so I got this new variety of coneflower called Green Twister.
Not easy to discern in my photo but this bloom is easily six inches across.
They are coming out with so many new varieties of coneflowers
it's hard to keep them all straight.
I think I found this one at a nursery in Hiawassee.
Coneflowers are easy to grow and their blooms last a long time.

Many years ago I was a traveling photographer on the West Coast.
I traveled to cities up and down the coast taking portraits for Olan Mills.
My day started in the afternoon.
 To occupy my time, since I was an early riser, I'd visit plant nurseries
just to marvel at all the beautiful plants and flowers.
Some plant nurseries have their plants all stacked up
neat and in rows but others have a meandering
beauty to their layouts. Those are the nurseries I gravitate to.

My idea of a relaxing day is a visit to an arboretum,
a botanical garden, a Japanese garden, even a plant nursery.
Other times I'll take a drive on a forestry road just to see wild flowers.
There is much to enjoy around us, some of it is low cost or even free.
Just yesterday I noticed downtown Blairsville has put in new landscaping.
Take time for what surrounds you, you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment