Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Baked Salmon in Parchment

Several months ago we bought some frozen wild caught salmon at our grocery. This fillet of salmon is usually readily available here. Of course now I am not sure they'd have any. But that's another story. I decided to try cooking the salmon a different way.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Take a sheet of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet pan. Then place a sheet of parchment over the top. Lay the slab of salmon skin side down on the parchment. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, minced garlic, bruised rosemary sprigs, lemon slices and dots of butter. Wrap up the parchment and then the aluminum foil over the salmon, sealing the package up. Place salmon in preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes (depending upon the thickness and size of the salmon).
The salmon turned out moist and flaky. We had it with broccoli florets. With that much salmon we had a number of meals to enjoy. Be well.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, this is so easy to make. Dh always wants me to make teriyaki salmon but sometimes I want to taste the flavor the salmon and it not be so salty with the soy sauce.

      Delete
  2. I love doing a half pound piece of salmon wrapped in foil right in my toaster/oven, set on toast at highest heat setting. I've got the time down for 10 minutes wrapped, then 10 minutes open to the elements, which gives a nice brown top. I am not even doing any spices any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, nothing better than the flavor of salmon even without embellishments.

      Delete
  3. Yum! Yum! Yum! I love salmon!

    Keep taking good care, Linda...stay well...best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I do love salmon, when I lived in San Francisco back in the 70s I used to go to a little cafe for a bagel with lox, cream cheese and red onion, boy was that good too.

      Delete
  4. I did find some frozen salmon in the back of my freezer but my problem is that I just finished my roll of aluminum paper. My daughter gave me an Instant Pot for Christmas and it’s still in the box. Maybe I could cook it in that. I do have some old broccoli, not quite yellow yet…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vagabonde, thanks, I saw a post on fb that said "now you know why your grandmother saved alumninum foil" since our grocery stores are out of a lot of items due to the virus shutdowns. I tend to eat vegetables when they are old too, no sense wasting items. My broccoli was frozen and I just steam it.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment