Sunday, September 20, 2020

Chives

My computer is 12 years old and outdated. Bonkers dislodged the M which makes typing that letter a real challenge. My cameras are newer than my computer and those are also outdated. Local sales folks say everything electronic is outdated before a person even buys it. Saving my pennies to purchase updated models. (I typed penis instead of pennies, that would have been a real faux paus).

After a summer of rain almost every day, we now have a dry and cool spell. The two climbing rose bushes I splurged on are slowly recovering (even though they were planted in half whiskey barrels for better drainage).

Soda Lake at Carrizo Plain

Meanwhile I've been drying more herbs. With an over-abundance of chives, I plan to make some chive cakes. They're really not cakes at all but more like soft appetizer called dim sum. The cakes are made with rice and tapioca flours along with chives and steamed. They can be fried afterwards. Various versions are made in China, Vietnam, and other Asian countries as a street food. Since I have an abundance of chives, I thought I'd give them a try.

Meanwhile it took me about twenty tries to load the photo of Soda Lake. Same with the photo above of a pinch pot I made while traveling in my motorhome moving from California to Florida. Glad we made that decision long ago. Just sticking with a white theme for this post. Stay tuned for the chive cakes very soon.

Be Safe, Be Well

4 comments:

  1. The chive cakes sound fascinating. I am looking forward to learning more.
    As usual I am longing for rain. It is predicted but the weather boffins often fib.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, we have had the summer of rain here, now in a dry and cooler routine.

      Delete
  2. Hahahahaha! I'm out-dated, too...and so is my desk-top PC...but, touch wood, both it and me will keeping ticking over for a while yet. I can't afford to replace both! :)

    I love your pinch pot...Can I pinch it? :)

    The chives cakes will be difficult to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, apparently the chive cakes are popular in many Asian countries, intriguing for sure, and probably quite good nutritionally.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment