Friday, May 7, 2021

Greek Roasted Cauliflower - Part Two

Why is this part two. Because the first time I roasted the cauliflower whole, this time I tried it broke into florets. I prefer this second version because it bakes quicker and the sauce penetrates the florets much better.

Before you say you won't eat any cauliflower, try this recipe, dh said ugh, but he at every bit. Preheat oven to 450 F. Cut out the tough stem and break cauliflower into small bite sized pieces and place in a bowl, toss with 2 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs honey or agave nectar, 4 tbs Dijon mustard, tsp each of garlic powder, thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper.

Spread out on an oiled baking sheet and bake for approximately 45 min till florets are tender. Top with some crumbled goats cheese or feta cheese. I purchased some plain goats cheese at the farmers market from Hidden Creek Farm and Goat Dairy a local farmer here in Blairsville. Their goats cheese is some of the best I've ever had. Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I would enjoy it. Sadly himself is unlikely to even try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, my himself was reluctant but i said just take one bite, than it was all over

      Delete
  2. We (DH and I, not grandson) like cauliflower here. I have the best recipe for cauliflower and broccoli casserole. It's made with lots of garlic and breadcrumbs, etc. - (similar to what I stuff artichokes with). Your recipe sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, I am on a vegetable binge lately, so many recipes, so little time.

      Delete
  3. I love cauliflower, every which way...and this way will be delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee, thanks, this is a keeper, and to think all these years I never ate cauliflower

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment