Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Gypsy Peppers & a Strange Beetle

First time I've grown these Gypsy Peppers.
I pick them when they turn red.
I think the name sounds like they are hot
but they're not hot, they are sweet.


Saw this insect on the screen, it's an Eastern Click Beetle
The large eyes are not eyes but faux eyes to scare predators.
He was there yesterday and still this morning.
Just looked and now he's gone.
Must have been too hot for him.
My new camera does pretty good, doesn't it?
Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen or heard of those peppers. I wonder whether we have them?
    And yes, the new camera does an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, I think they are fairly new to the market

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment