Wednesday, August 4, 2021

New Work Just Out of the Kiln

herb or succulent window sill planter or ?
about 5" t x 6" w x 3" w 

herb or succulent window sill planter or ?
about 4"t x 6"w x 3"w



Large Freeform Bowl
about 6"t x 15"w x 14"w
(big & beautiful (can I say that), sold before it was made)


Large Freeform Bowl
about 3"t x 15"w
(another big & beautiful bowl, I love making these bowls but
I stress profusely at their making and drying
then hope for no cracking in bisque and glaze firings)


Small Freeform Sea Textured Bowl
about 2"t x 8"w x 6"w


Small Freeform Sea Textured Bowl
about 2"t x 7"w x 6"w


Mini Textured Pinch Bowl
1/2"t x 3" round
test of a new copper glaze interior


Medium Vase
about 8"t x 2"w x 1-1/2" w


Medium Vase
about 7"t x 2"w x 1"w


Sponge Holder


Sponge Holder


Leaf Plate
1/2"t x 7"w x 5"w


Leaf Plate
1/2"t x 8"w x 4"w


Soap Dish
1/2"t x 5"w x 4"w


several of these mini pinch bowls

The photos make all the work look the same size but they are not, hence the approximate measurements for you to peruse. I downloaded a free adobe photoshop program to crop the photos. For today this is all you get from me. Of course I'll be studying on how to do this or that, no children or grandchildren to advise me on what is what.

Perhaps you thought I was malingering in my pottery pursuits? Sometimes it takes all my mental energy to figure out all these new fangled contraptions, so tiny I can't read it or press it or make it work. Anyway if you are reading stop by the farmers market on Saturday and get yourself a handmade pot.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely looking work. I hope your sales go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you working again. Are you doing any throwing or is it all hand building? I Particularly like the vase and the little succulent planter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks, all hand building; I had a used wheel and kept telling myself I was going to get to it but never did so I sold it. Have to admit I feel better when working in the studio.

      Delete
  3. These are great, and I'm sure will sell well. You hit the nail on the nose about new things and instructions...not designed for the elders of this world to use. Bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara, thanks, the tech guy at Canon was on the phone with me for what seemed like an hour and for once he was one of the better ones, I need one of those pointer thing-a-ma-bobs for the tiny buttons, ugh

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment